ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Start here and tell something about yourself

Go down 
+32
irezumi
agnes
Indii
bastet
angel
Flying
pagan
hogata
woolf
Antoine
neuronix
Morgana
steveharrison
Reyna
Nadita
wyldhoney
dusadusa
shyisada
Lilac_Lina
desstyna
jvkl
Yimyam
tapsi
Nätulcién
GrandpaJoe
Lady of Shallot
dougie
David
Berkana
rec
vision
claumirela
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Indii
Captain
Indii

Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 7:46 pm

haha! i remember your post on soulreaper facebook page about chest hair Laughing 

welcome Hogata!  cheers
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro
tapsi

tapsi

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:06 pm

welcome Hogata, true disciple of the Chesthair! Very Happy

Mehdy yeah i noticed a fondness of tennis on your part, Federer in particular, right? Very Happy i wonder what experiences made you change your mind about permanently leaving Iran. i find it really interesting... i think it's great that you found the place where you truly want to live, even if you had to go away for a few years to realise it was your "old" home Smile

and of course, Ant1! Smile and Marcel! Smile good to see you people here as well Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tapsiful.deviantart.com
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:31 pm

i agree, i'm happy to see you all back here too. heart you 
Back to top Go down
Reyna

Reyna

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 pm

This is great!
Back to top Go down
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 9:43 am

hogata wrote:
Oh, and totally in love with Mehdy, my hubby Wink

Oh honey, you do know that I am head over toes in love with you too. You are the best wife ever.  Wink 

tapsi wrote:

Mehdy yeah i noticed a fondness of tennis on your part, Federer in particular, right? :Di wonder what experiences made you change your mind about permanently leaving Iran. i find it really interesting... i think it's great that you found the place where you truly want to live, even if you had to go away for a few years to realise it was your "old" home :

I have been trying to answer to this question several times to my friends in Iran already and there is no easy way to explain it. Immigrat

The first thing is obviously the security of have a job with a decent salary. I have been back for only 6-7 weeks now, but I am gonna lecture at the State University of Isfahan which is among the top 3 universities in the country. If I didn't want to go to Tehran, there was a good opportunity to be employed by the university as well. But I am the only one among the postgrads at the university where I did my Ph.D who has had such a job opportunity. Working in a post office, and teaching at primary school has been the best jobs that other postgrads have been able to find in their own countries, even the New Zealanders.

The second one is the expectations that one has from life and living in another country and meeting lots of people from all corners of the world made me realize that the quality of life that I have experienced in Iran (excluding the crazy crazy driving which even makes crossing the street on the zebra crossing a HUGE challenge and I absolutely hate it) is above average compared to many other countries. Cheap electricity, and cheap fuel has made it possible to easily warm up our houses in the winter and cool it down during the summer so that one wouldn't feel too cold or too hot INSIDE the house. I used to think this is normal for everyone in the developed countries. But I then realiezed this is a luxury that not a big percent of the population can afford.

The third one is definitely the weather. We have four distinct seasons here, and the weather is consistently cold or hot during each season. Hot summer, mild spring and fall, and cold winter. I enjoy this kind of weather, but when you experience "four seasons in a day" as the weather in most of NZ was referred to, it gets my irritated.

Finally the last thing which convinced me to come back was the language and the people. Even though I was quite good in English and had no problems for communicating with others, it is quite hard to talk in a language other than your mother's tongue every day all day. Also it made me realize that language is way bigger than a communication vehicle, it is part of your identity and deeply rooted in HOW you communicate even in other languages. When I was there I realized I couldn't get the mastery I have over Persian, for instance how many ways can you say the sentences "I like you" or "I enjoy being with you," in your own language and in a second or foreign language? There are people who can do it, but I am not one of them. Even if I could get all that mastery and write a novel in English, it would be really tough to find a publisher for it (as was the case for my Irish writer friend), whereas I easily published my own novel here.
New Zealand has some of the friendliest people I have ever seen and I never felt like a stranger or immigrant there, but it would take a long time for me there to find the friends and connections which I have here. For instance I have several friends among writers, critics, theater directors, actors, etc. It would take years and years to find the equivalent of those people there and I was unwilling to invest that amount of time.

Sorry for writing this long reply, but I tried to write a comprehensive answer.
Back to top Go down
tapsi

tapsi

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:13 pm

thank you for the explanation, Mehdy Smile

i think i understand your decision, all of these are valid points, and even the seemingly small ones like the weather can influence the quality of life to a great extent... i think it is great that you know so clearly what you want and have the opportunity to reach it. i really hope that you will have great professional success and novels novels novels Smile even if we can only read them once they get translated to english! it's just so good that there seems to be no disappointment and bitterness behind your decision, and i'm glad you went home to opportunities and what appears to be a rich and bright future Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tapsiful.deviantart.com
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 1:27 pm

it's often like that: staying abroad for some time makes you see the qualities of your own country.
wish you all the best in your homeland mehdy. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:30 pm

Mehdy, there is a really big insight for me in your post, thanks for sharing your own perceptions and experiences. It's obvious one has individual expectations and certain need of quality from life.
I hope you can find what you're seeking for in your homeland!

and welcome to all again! Nice to see so many of you! x
Back to top Go down
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 16, 2014 7:52 am

tapsi wrote:
thank you for the explanation, Mehdy Smile

i think i understand your decision, all of these are valid points, and even the seemingly small ones like the weather can influence the quality of life to a great extent... i think it is great that you know so clearly what you want and have the opportunity to reach it. i really hope that you will have great professional success and novels novels novels :)even if we can only read them once they get translated to english! it's just so good that there seems to be no disappointment and bitterness behind your decision, and i'm glad you went home to opportunities and what appears to be a rich and bright future Smile

Thanks a lot Agnes. There is absolutely no bitterness, and I am quite happy to be back. Now I appreciate all those small things which I didn't even notice in the past.

bastet wrote:
it's often like that: staying abroad for some time makes you see the qualities of your own country.
wish you all the best in your homeland mehdy. Smile

Thanks a lot Irene. I do believe that if a government wants to make something compulsory for everyone, it should definitely be Overseas Experience. Living abroad for at least two years creates a win-win situation, because if you love the country you have immigrated to, you decide to live there for good, and if you think your own country is better you get back to and decide to live there. So I 100% agree with you.

Nätulcién wrote:
Mehdy, there is a really big insight for me in your post, thanks for sharing your own perceptions and experiences. It's obvious one has individual expectations and certain need of quality from life.
I hope you can find what you're seeking for in your homeland!

Thanks a lot for your comment. Yes, life is all about expectations and what you think it has to offer. I am happy that my reply has had a big insight for you. I am not sure what the general population in Turkey thinks about immigration, but when I was there in 2010 I found it that some of the intellectuals there are thinking of moving to another country.

I also need to add that what I said in the previous post was the good side of life here in its Janus-like face. The bad side is definitely the bizarre and backward government which believes has the right to find fault with every aspect of your life, for instance, what you wear, what you drink and whom you sleep with. So I had to balance out between the advantages and disadvantages and when I did that I found out that I still want to get back and be among the people who live and think like me.
Back to top Go down
pagan

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySat May 10, 2014 5:53 pm

hello you all presumably know me xxx
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySat May 10, 2014 6:11 pm

hi Smile welcome aboard!
you gotta tell a bit about your life story Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pagan

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySat May 10, 2014 6:13 pm

hehe i am keeping it more private these days, necessarily xxx
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Hiii, nice to see you on board  Wink

Welcome Dan! x
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySun May 11, 2014 11:59 am

welcome, danny.
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyMon May 12, 2014 4:59 pm

You missed us, right?
the forum is family, welcome Dan  Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 2898314716 
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyTue May 13, 2014 1:31 pm

pagan wrote:
hehe i am keeping it more private these days, necessarily xxx
Aint fame a bitch.LOL
Back to top Go down
Flying

Flying

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi, I am back again... a German- teacher from Poland, always ready for a good joke , lazing about and appreciating beautiful music and hot girls Smile
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyThu May 15, 2014 9:44 pm

hey hey, welcome! hope you like this place

Back to top Go down
angel

angel

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 10:38 pm

Hi everyone here ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:47 pm

hey Angel Smile interesting nickname. how you came about this place? tell us little about yourself, only if you like that is.

welcome. forum is on pause temporally I hope
Back to top Go down
angel

angel

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Glad you like the name, I've become a mama 4 months ago and I'm crazy about my son-thinking to give him that name Smile I was looking for the soul reaper forum and found this link !
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:34 pm

on google?

congratulation on your first born! babies rock! unless when they poo
Back to top Go down
angel

angel

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 12:46 pm

actually on safari

i doubt i'll have another but i guess i shouldn't worry about that since i feel very happy and blessed to have my little angel ! Smile

babies need a lot of time and good energy..
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:38 pm

hello angel! welcome here. Smile
Back to top Go down
angel

angel

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 24, 2014 6:19 pm

hello Irene ! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start here and tell something about yourself   Start here and tell something about yourself - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Start here and tell something about yourself
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANATHEMA  :: Auditorium - about Anathema fans :: Welcome - Introduce yourself-
Jump to: