ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

the new album

Go down 
+10
maryanne
dougie
Flying
vision
Antoine
Rafke Pafke
steveharrison
July5th
Indii
pagan
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Morpheus

the new album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new album   the new album - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 2:04 pm

Morpheus wrote:
listening to it for the first time as we speak. Mixed feelings to be frank. Expected it to be different, and it is in some parts and in some it's not compared to the two previous albums. As always i need more spins to actually judge it. Right now 'Distant Satellites' is the most refreshing song on the album and i actually dig the combination of electronics and Vinny's voice.  The first half really has a Weather System feeling to it (didn't grab me as much though), which is not necessarily bad from a song point of view but doesn't really make it innovative or different in style, as they said they want to be with every new album. You can clearly find resemblances to both previous albums. Diversity (lyric wise as well....) is what i am missing a bit right now after, again, just one listen.

putting it on for another spin now Smile

Just going back to my initial review, after a few months now, i think it's a decent album and i am still listening to it. Some songs like the Lost Song pt. 3 grew on me, some didn't like 'Take Shelter' and 'You're not alone' or 'Firelight' (not saying i don't enjoy em now and then but they're not as strong imo as most of the album). I initially said it has some structural similarities to the previous albums, while i still believe those similarities are there, i don't really care as much for it as i did when i first listened to the album. The best thing about the album is though the addition of electronics to the original Anathema sound. It just adds something fresh and i hope they continue to play around with it on their upcoming releases.

So in hindsight, I'd give it a solid 8/10 if i had to rate it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

the new album - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: the new album   the new album - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 2:52 pm

now you can vote on fav songs poll, if you already hadn't Smile
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro

the new album
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2