ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mood thread

Go down 
+15
desstyna
Indii
bastet
Berkana
Serena
claumirela
steveharrison
Nätulcién
rec
wyldhoney
tapsi
Morgana
woolf
vision
Reyna
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
claumirela

claumirela

Mood thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:11 am

Yessss!! Glad for the great news, Irene! Oh, you passed through a nightmare scenary with all ingredients..
Mood: here smells like school time is closer, big children doing their holiday-homeworks, me-thinking about prepareing Vlad for baby preschool: that means I have to learn him to go to sleep-in the afternoon- without brestfeeding.
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2014 9:57 pm

ooh! good luck with that! Smile

when does school start over there? here it's on 1st september.
Back to top Go down
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 8:10 am

here starts on 15 september! Vlad will go on preschool from january, so I'll have enough time!!
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 pm

I am happy to hear that all is ok with you Irene, was wondering that as well.

Back from a long vacation. Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia H. Have to work hard now to balance my bank accounts again Sad Meh.
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:36 pm

thanks gulsah!

happy you had a great holiday. what places did you visit? what was the most beautiful place? i love the adriatic coast. not that i've seen that many places, mind.
did you go on your own btw?
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:51 pm

I was in Ljublabala (cant really type this shitty word Very Happy), saw Bled and also Postojna Caves.
I was hosted by a local girl there (from Couchsurfing website where locals host tourists for cultural interaction) together with a Brasilian guy who is working in Amsterdam and whom I met there as he was alone too.

Slovenia is great, super nature. Super super nature. However the city seems to be very dead. Like, streets are empty, hard to find a local pub where you could chill out with your friends, I didn't even hear any music. That is sth not I am used to Smile But Bled has been the best place I have ever seen in this trip. Actually I can even say the best place I have ever seen in my life. Strange thing is that locals say bla bla about this lake, one tourist adviced us to spend max. 2 hours but me and this Brasilian guy were so impressed, really, we changed our plans to visit another lake and wanted to stay there the whole day. I really wanna go back there again.

In Croatia I have visited Zagreb, Zadar, Split, Vic, Dubrovnik. First three days I stayed at my friend's family, had the chance to cook for them, to taste Croatian food, to experience a local family life and to have really great fun Very Happy Then I went to Zadar to meet my Belgian friend. (Also the one that I went to Iran with). We hired a car there for 5 days, it was 80 Euros in total. The price was for a simple model car but at that moment, they didn't have it ready so we got a 2014 model Very Happy Went to the coasts, enjoyed the cities, went to the seas (however the beaches were really not nice with all these rocks that give you many cuts) etc. We took this long ride to Vic with a ferry trip (3 hours), went to this special island cause they other day, we wanted to see this caves that can only be seen in the sunny days, so booked an apartment, stayed there for one night but of course it was storming the other day, we actually had to go there for nothing in the end Very Happy Felt so sorry that I couldnt see it there cause it was my another dream => http://www.worldtoptop.com/glowing-blue-cave-croatia-modra-spilja/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=glowing-blue-cave-croatia-modra-spilja I hope to make the dream come true in another time. But too bad for the money and time wise.

Then Ward had to leave to Zadar for his return flight, I went to Dubrovnik. Didnt really want to see that place as I knew and was told that it was super touristy and expensive place but had to do that to reach Montenegro.

In Montenegro, I only stayed in Kotor. Super super nice place. Mist, mountains, lower clouds, lake, forest, medieval castles however the people were really really really disappointing. Seriously, noone can take me back to there. I dont wanna generalize it and I dont wanna sound harsh but it was really not for me. Especially when I consider myself as an easy and flexible person. No way.

After staying in Kotor for 2 days, I went to Bosnia Herzigova. Had a couple of hours there in the city but that was enough. Then I took my flight back to home. People rock there! Super friendly.

So, in brief, Bled has been the best so far. Even tho I went there with big expectations (cause you know when you have expectations, you are most likely disappointed by different things) but no, not with Bled. Smile
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:25 pm

I've never been in those countries and had in a sort of naive way still thoughts about it as (former) Yugo-Slavia. That you go to touristic areas so everything must be nice and fun. But of course they are all different countries and you experienced it.
It's great that you went on that holiday and met new friends :-) and see Ward also again.
But Gülsah, i am curious, do you have so many days off at the bank?
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 9:08 am

huh, i get this question quite a lot lately Very Happy
ok, first iran, now this trip. I know.
but i have been working here, at the same company for 6 years already and just this year, because my working period in the company has exceed 5 years, I earned more days off. People who work at the same company for 5 - 8 years, we get 20 working days off. And the bank wants everyone to use at least 2 weeks in a row, thats a rule. If you don't, then Human Resource would set your 2 weeks block vacations automatically. So, that means, you can take your vacation even if your boss dont want you to take it, you know what i mean? This rule is completely employee friendly Very Happy

And also, lets say you only have 20 days off but you had to take 22 days off. Then you are in -2. Its like a bank account. I am already in -6 but its been the same for 6 years anyway Very Happy Had to take this Portugal trip right after when I was accepted by the bank and I didnt have any days off then.

But of course, that also depends on the people you work with. I am lucky. Cause my boss is a really good man thanks god. He loves travelling. He loves when people travel too - I think. And in our department, people travel a lot. I am nothing. Couldnt go anywhere last year for example. Dad's heart operation, my ex's death, my ex roomie's kicking me out of the house right after dad's operation, when he was still in the hospital bla bla. And I said to myself, I couldnt visit anywhere, I had a really shitty year, so this year, I will try my best to travel more.
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:29 pm

you're lucky woith bosses and a job like that!
so -6, for 6 years... makes -36? Surprised do you have to make up for that, or are those just unpaid working days?

nice review of your trip gulsah. havn't been to any of those places, except for zadar. and that was when i was 16 i think. Smile
so you partly did the trip on your own, and partly with a friend? did you like to be "on the road" all by yourself?

heard that bled is really beautiful. and some weeks ago i read an interview with a well known belgian photographer that the bay of kotor is the most beautiful place he's ever seen. but of course when everything is hidden in mist, there's not much to see. :/
my sis-in-law and her daughter went hitchhiking through montenegro last july, and they had a lot of positive things to tell.

surprised that dubrovnik wasn't that nice. of course it's very touristy, but from what i saw i alwys thought it's a nice place. but i only know it from pics of course.

and these caves: how beautiful! what a pity you didn't get to see them in ful glory! Sad
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 11:24 am

no no, that -6 days, i can never balance it Very Happy its always -6 in the end of the year Razz its only i will have to balance it (that means 6 days less holiday for the upcoming year) or when you quit your job, you will be paid less. your choice.

and true, the trip was partly with myself, partly alone but i was actually only alone for 3 days. And i didn't like that Sad I guess I don't enjoy being on my own during my trips. Life is better when it is shared. Wink

Dubrovnik is nice but not my type. I don't enjoy touristical buildings, people running to the same things, getting selfies in front of buildings, paying lots of money for traditional fancy restaurants. Dubrovnik was like that imo. That Game of Thrones tours was like 50 Euros (?), imagine that. I mean, of course i am seeing touristical places, I enjoy to feel like a real tourist as well but not always. The only good thing I did there was to see this 10 years of war photo exhibition thingie and i left there crying Very Happy I mean, it was really hard to keep yourself strong there, some people were also in tears as well Sad

yeah, was a nice 2-weeks-vacation. let's now arrange Tilburg Smile
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:35 pm

how long did you spend looking at Plitvice lakes? seeing colors and waterfalls, I wonder how it didnt make bigger impression on you? Very Happy

and yay for your trip! was it fun, tho, hearing the same language everywhere? accent is different tho. slovenians speak bit differently too.
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Plitvice lakes, ooooh, it was surely very impressing.
Had 5-6 hours there, luckily the weather was quite nice.
I fed the ducks, some even came closer to take my sandwich away from my hands Very Happy
Ward has many pics of me, I wish he could send them to me but I don't have any hope as I am still waiting for our pics from the Iran trip Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:54 pm

oh cmon! why wont he send?
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 12:59 pm

cause he is an ass. Mood thread - Page 14 3101596931
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Very Happy

plitvice is nice too, i hear. never been there.

i agree with you on dubrovnik, and disliking those touristy places with all people doing the same things. pity that some really nice spot get totally ruined by too many tourist, eh! Smile
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 10:41 am

How is everyone doing?
I may have some good news for ya very soon, have been in need of some big changes for a while already. And hell, its time for that! Very Happy Irene, as a Gemini, you also feel the need of small/big changes from time to time? Smile
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 19, 2014 1:35 pm

ooooh! now i'm very curious!!!!!

and yes, of course. but my life is settled for most part. it's more about small changes for me. like hobbies and that.

and when is "very soon"????
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 1:47 pm

one of them is, i am literally a student now! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 11:11 pm

big congrats! this is big Smile

how is going to work? I mean with lectures and practice and all? Smile can you explain?
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 10:46 pm

congrats, gulsah! and i wish you lots of succes! Smile
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:29 am

Thank you guys!

I left school (not left officially, just frozen my years) after my second year. Now, I have a right to keep it with distance training. All I need to do is study my ass off (cause its really hard and harder when its distance education) and attend to the exams physically. If I can complete the last two years (3rd and 4th classes), I will get my diploma. Oh, how I really want that!
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 11:18 am

Mood thread - Page 14 YouCanDoIt

remember? Very Happy you can! and you will!
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 8:40 am

Smile
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:03 pm

i agree with that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
desstyna

desstyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 EmptyTue Sep 30, 2014 4:13 pm

Second news is that I have registered to a free stylistics course where I can learn how to draw human body and dresses on pc. I am having first kind-of-meeting in two weeks time. Let's see. If all goes well, the courses will start in February and will last till June. You may remember that I love drawing dresses Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mood thread
Page 14 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANATHEMA  :: Auditorium - about Anathema fans :: Day-to-day chat-
Jump to: