ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Indii
Captain
Indii

What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations Empty
PostSubject: What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations   What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:04 am

Post your favorite book titles here.
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations   What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 7:38 am

House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
If you like Hopscotch, you will love this one.
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations   What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 8:02 pm

ah Woolf, were you also so impressed bij Houses of Leaves? first time that a book not only was important because of the story but the lay out, the pages of white, expressing the darkness, the black, turning it upside down, trying to read all footnotes except for the pages of names and such, it was amazing to read this book, i think i carried this book for a week with me, couldnt stop reading, only sometimes to undergo all emotions before i could continue

What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations House-10

don't know the Hopscotch guy
Back to top Go down
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations   What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Hey Carla, first of all you should definitely read hopscotch, it is an ancestor to HoL.
I loved HoL so much and I finally managed to add it to my thesis as well. The topic of my thesis is the effects of the materiality of the medium on the novel in that medium and HoL provides an excellent example of how the bookness of the book can affect the novel published in it. You might also enjoy the Fifty Year Sword which first has been published by a Dutch publisher, De Bezije Bij, and illustrated by Van Sambeek who is also a Dutch painter.
Danielewski is obviously a writer worth reading. His next novel is gonna be published in around 20 volumes, each volume will be released every 3 months.
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations   What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 3:51 pm

The book thief by Markus Zusak is a bloody good read .I dont usually read books like this and bought it on a whim but im glad I did.Hope the film does it justice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations   What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations Empty

Back to top Go down

What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations
Page 1 of 1