ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mood thread

Go down 
+15
desstyna
Indii
bastet
Berkana
Serena
claumirela
steveharrison
Nätulcién
rec
wyldhoney
tapsi
Morgana
woolf
vision
Reyna
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
bastet

bastet

Mood thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:19 pm

party for my son's (and his mate's) 40th birthday tonight. not sure if i feel like it. not the party type, me.

and it makes you feel soo old, of course!
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:54 am

@bastet: How was the party? Were you able to have any fun?

Yesterday I did practically nothing. Today I hope I'll be able to finish couple projects so that tomorrow I would be able to send something to the person with whom I'm doing my current research.
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:44 pm

yesterday we celebrated Ize's second birthday on beforehand. Melanie was not able to get free time from work next weekend, so they decided to celebrate it this weekend. We went to Jan's mum so that she also was able to celebrate with us. And this was so nice, all family dropped by, Ize thought it great, she really likes unfolding birthday presents, Mel had some small cakes with pictures of Ize on it, so nice to see and yummie also. I hope she'll post some pics on facebook soon.
And then next week we'll celebrate Johns grandchilds 2nd birthday.
But tomorrow i am finally going to Belgium visiting Irene and Hedwig yyyeeeeaaayyy
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:51 pm

*huuuuuuge smile!*

my god, is she 2 already??? i was thinking the other day, "it must be ize's birthday too soon", but in my mind it'd be her 1st birthday. time flies!!!
nice that john's grandchild is of the same age. they will be great mates! Smile

ollie, yeah i enjoyed it. many friends of our kids, who used to come to our house when they all were teens. was lovely to see some of them again.
Back to top Go down
tapsi

tapsi

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 10:34 pm

hey, great to hear about all these birthday parties Smile glad you had fun! Smile

Ollie: giving a lecture sounds a bit scary for me so big props and as Irene said, wow, so many super smart people on this forum! Smile

for those of you who are interested in my drawings, the address is http://tapsiful.tumblr.com/ and the first one should go live tomorrow and then it's one design each day Smile it's my "normal" tumblr account so i'm also reblogging other stuff and sometimes (very rarely) posting in hungarian

i finished the Orson Scott Card book this friday (two weeks late, but that's kinda almost nearly on time in the publishing biz) so i spent the weekend not doing anything at all Very Happy a luxury, considering how i'm already behind schedule with two other books (plus i'll have a computer game translation to do from next week on) but i soooo needed that, doing nothing and not feeling guilty about it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://tapsiful.deviantart.com
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 11:52 am

Pissed off that I have to go for more hospital crap. Crying or Very sad but on the plus side Ascension 2 finally arrived  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 6:54 pm

@steveharrison: Sorry to hear that! Sad How long are you going to have to stay at the hospital?

@tapsi: Doing nothing and not feeling guilty about it is bliss. I always tend to feel guilty when I do nothing since there are always at least 5 unfinished projects waiting for me.
Yay for the drawings!

I slept very little last night and still spend nearly 11 hours at the uni. Feeling exhausted. Hope I sleep better this night.
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 17, 2014 9:17 pm

sorry to hear, Steve, i guess this takes so much of your energy
if i may ask, since how long have you been ill now?

Olli, Agi, from what i hear from you, you both work very very hard, so you deserve to relax. It's hard to empty the mind when you know there's still so much to do, but keep on trying and enjoy relaxing, hugs
Back to top Go down
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 6:04 am

Sorry to hear that Steve, I hope all goes well this time.

Also sorry that I haven't posted here for a while. The oral defense went quite well, the examiners asked the easiest questions on earth and I couldn't have felt more relaxed and confident about my answers. Both my supervisors were also impressed by my presentation. I was offered a visiting lecturer position at a university in South Island (which is a big deal here because there are only a handful of universities here and very few people are offered such positions), but I had to decline it because I am already teaching at a good university back home.
The praise I got for my presentation also reminded me of the same kind of praise which I got after the presentation of my Master's thesis, which is a sure sign that the only job which I am really good at and enjoy doing is teaching.
It does feel great to be back to the windy city (there was a Cyclone named Luci here yesterday as well), but I didn't have a bow to wear to the birthday which I went to. (I wish I had actually).
Back to top Go down
tapsi

tapsi

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 8:00 am

Steve, so sorry to hear that, hope everything will be fine!

Mehdy: WOW, really, and congratulations! Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:37 am

Steve, I hope you'll come with good news from hospital! Mehdi-you shine, shine, shine-is so good when see you are wanted !!

I am in the same 'doing almost nothing" state-except daily careing about children and house, and sometimes I think I could do more for myself! Oh, yes I did, saturday Vio and I went out for a little club-gig of a local band-Forevermore( Whitesnake tribute)- it was so " how much I missed this!!!" Vlad was staying with his sister Andrada and refused to sleep till we got back home at 00,30.
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:55 am

Been ill for about three years now,gradually came on and seems to be getting worse but im coping ,I have to for my wife and kids,im just sick of being passed from one consultant to the next or one department to another.Again thanks for all your kind words means a lot to me.
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:56 am

i know that feeling, claudia! Very Happy

steve: hope all will be ok.

medhy: being a good teacher is an important job!

and doing nothing is a good cause. it'll charge your batteries again. no need to feel guilty about it.
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:56 am

Been ill for about three years now,gradually came on and seems to be getting worse but im coping ,I have to for my wife and kids,im just sick of being passed from one consultant to the next or one department to another.Again thanks for all your kind words means a lot to me.
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:03 am

yeah, that hospital crap is... crap indeed. but you can't escape, you just have to go through it in order to get well again, i guess.

keep on fighting it steve! hope all will be ok in the end!
how old are your kids, btw?
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:34 am

15 18 and 21 Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Kids are great, and at their age they'll hopefully understand about your sickness and support you and maybe even give you energy
my kids are 26 and 31  Mood thread - Page 5 83880723 
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:08 pm

three kids! well done, Steve!

i send my blessings you your family and particularly to you!
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:12 pm

btw, i fell today. on the street. was on all four  Mood thread - Page 5 1584187713 Sad
knees and hand hurts a bit, but it will pass.

Back to top Go down
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:16 am

beautiful family Steve, I have 3 children too: 15,12 and 1 years old!!
Vision: 31 son?? No, you cannot be around 50!! I don t want to be indescreet but I was swearing you are much, more younger..
Indii-good was not worse!! I remember few years ago I was running for the bus and I fell in a way- with an arch trajectory, as "rerun" clips of a match- and I saw myself like a pancake on the ground and when I raised up my look I found many pairs of eyes with a large smile attached regarding me...and the bus ' driver', after seing I am ok, said:" Lady this should be recorded"
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:04 am

Very Happy had to laugh tiny bit. sorry it happened clau!
i never ever run for buses, trams and what not. only because of that reason. ive seen too many people falling down wanting to catch transport.

Back to top Go down
tapsi

tapsi

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 10:59 am

Steve: beautiful but difficult ages, all three of them... but yes, they should be old enough to be there for you as much as you are there for them :hugs:

Clau: haha, when Carla was in Budapest and met my friends, most of them were like "Carla? yeah she's in her early forties, no, what do you mean she has a granddaughter??? no way!!!" Very Happy

Gaga: ouch... poor you! :hugs:
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 6:51 pm

tapsi wrote:

Clau: haha, when Carla was in Budapest and met my friends, most of them were like "Carla? yeah she's in her early forties, no, what do you mean she has a granddaughter??? no way!!!" Very Happy

Haha,indeed my thoughts when i saw Carla in Budapest for the very first time, She looked soo young with her big smile!  Mood thread - Page 5 2147280127 Plus I missed your gang Agi, red, gabor and cuddly man! cheers to all!

cheers 

Gaga, Hopefully you're feeling better.
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:17 pm

@Indii, hope you didn;t hurt too much dear

@Clau: i also had a little smile reading your story, it can be so embarrassing, i remember several times when i fell, accompagnied by family and/or friends and they started to laugh so loud

there was that time that we walked the dog, and Zhanna hit me with a real rugby tackle in my knees and i fell and Phil was just laughing and laughing, it must have been very funny  Mood thread - Page 5 614878053 
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 8:21 pm

and thanks for the compliments, but i really am almost 56 now, and sometimes i feel my age and look like it too  Mood thread - Page 5 3488618775 
but indeed, my nature is positive and (over) enthusiastic, hyper and lively but you should see me at, not even the end of the day, but at 20.00, hehe, then i have a dip and feel very sleepy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mood thread
Page 5 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANATHEMA  :: Auditorium - about Anathema fans :: Day-to-day chat-
Jump to: