ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Spirituality in everyday life

Go down 
+4
tapsi
vision
claumirela
Indii
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Indii
Captain
Indii

Spirituality in everyday life Empty
PostSubject: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:22 am

What inspires you in day-to-day life? Talk about it in here.
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 3:35 pm

One of my favourite topic!! I am better at philosophy than psychology!  :cyclops: 
Echart Tolle' simple message "Live the moment, the day, the present" touched me in a time I was confused. And it becamed a way of living, or at least I try to be in the moment, in fact, is a continous fight with my lazy and passive nature.

Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 4:46 pm

would be cool to just live in the moment, or think only about that moment. mind usually drifts whats next and next and after the next.

great avatar Clau, btw Smile

Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 7:24 pm

i agree with Indii, Claudia, it sounds well, maybe great, but rather a bit confusing to live in the moment etc. How long is that moment? The time that you do something? or from second to second? nano second to nano second? I can imagine that when you give full interest to anything it must be more intense but i have a problem with concentrating :-)
Back to top Go down
tapsi

tapsi

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:23 pm

well it used to be [i]carpe diem[/i] and that was about the day :Di guess it means try to be active and present in your life NOW. of course, you need to stay rational and make plans and all, and it's great fun looking forward to what's coming, and also important to remember where you came from and heed the lessons of your past, but just don't do these at the expense of the present. i think it mostly just means don't be passive, don't just daydream or remember, but go out and DO stuff Smile
Back to top Go down
http://tapsiful.deviantart.com
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 4:19 pm

YES Agnes, is where I pointed! The past is good to remember, to share with others, but no regrets; the future is full of ways but no big expectations! The present is here and now, is where I can DO things!! Trying to be less in the shinning or darkness rooms of my mind!
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:40 pm

well, if you put it that way, i can relate 100%.

but if you read a book on it, or watch a video, and these people are talking in their woolly language, then they lost me before they've even begun. i hear their words, but i don't understand them.
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 10:16 pm

yes exactly Irene, i can't read a book about it, or look at a video, i hear the sound but don't understand what they are saying, maybe not enough interest? :-)
Back to top Go down
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:23 pm

I like that philosophy as well.

But does anyone think that religion can be still relevant in today's life? I see more and more people around me who claim they are spiritual but not religious. I can't claim that I totally understand what they mean, but I guess that's better than being follower of one specific religion, especially one of the three big ones.
Back to top Go down
wyldhoney

wyldhoney

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 1:29 pm

The way I see it, being religious means you follow the guideance of scripture and priests; whereas being spiritual means you can borrow or incorporate certain religious elements, but do so according to how you feel, making it more of an individual belief?
Back to top Go down
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks Wyldhoney, I have the same understanding of these terms, but once I was discussing creationism with one of these people and she resorted to religious books to support her ideas. That was when I realized this can be another manifestation of religiousness. Since these people do not have a supposedly holy book, they have to resort to Bible/Koran to support the fictions that they believe in. I personally do not have any problems with whatever others believe in, because that's their belief and their life, but I get really annoyed when someone pretends not to believe in a religion and then quotes a religious book to support her ideas.
Back to top Go down
Berkana

Berkana

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 7:35 pm

Hi Guys, I was raised by catholic tradition, in a very beautiful way. But I did not fit in, my questions and doubts were not explained by the way I needed to. So at my teens years I started to find the answers, so I read or talked to anything related to the subject from many views and religions. So I reached a point that I noticed that almost all the religions have principles in common to help people cope with the daily challenges. What I like most is the principle of having a God or anything bigger than everything inside you ( the oniscience) and that our path is to evolve into better souls. I personally believe in spiritual laws as true as the physical laws, karma is the law of reaction and since you can't lie to yourself you can't lie to God or the Source or Whatever name you want to. I have seen and experienced situations that could not be explained except by the existence of Life before this life. I worked with death by my side and when you face your own mortality and open your ears, senses to see what is there you start to not fear but be glad to know that there is porpouse to everything. We see injustices and the shadow of the humankind but at more often you see the kindness, the forgiveness, the most angelical side of people. You do not hear as much as possible, because the kindness is a complete and altruist condition: don't need to brag about what was done and bad news sell newspaper. This world is changing to a better world, you can see by the children that are coming, they are truly special, mostly wiser and kinder. I felt better being part of spiritualism, since it has no rituals or rigid codes, but has the most difficult principle : to forgive and forget the mistakes of the others and yours.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idislikehashtags.fu.ck
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyFri Jun 27, 2014 9:25 pm

thank you for your post Mila and your outlook on beliefs  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Berkana

Berkana

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptySat Jun 28, 2014 4:05 am

Namaste
Back to top Go down
http://www.idislikehashtags.fu.ck
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 7:36 pm

thanks Mila, great post
Back to top Go down
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyMon Jun 30, 2014 11:55 pm

Berkana , your beautiful story about yourself gives me the hope I'll find myown spiritual sense. I am orthodox and my family used to take me and my sister to the church untill we refused to go-around 10 years old. All I remember about going to church is the strong smell of naphtalene and my legs' aches because we had to stand up for hours. And after that, many years I went to the church just for Easter rituals which were an opportunity for us to meet a lot of friends and joking about all people around being so serious.
Since I met Vio-my husband-and children came in our life, family becamed my strongest value. I tried nothing serious about finding a spiritual frame to define my beliefs. A good friend of mine used to tell me that if I want to find God I have to look for him. She is right I didn t !!I don't know why.. but I do not believe in the the way orthodox church- build on fears and atonement for sins-share the way of living. Sometimes me and Vio are thinking that we should hand down a spiritual way to our children. ..2 weeks ago we went to the church for sunday service and was very hard for me to follow the long oration of the priest. All I liked was the fact of being so many people together, dressed-up, smiling sometimes to each-others. I do admire and envy people who believe from all their souls in something, and most of all "to be part of" as Bekana said. I think this is what I truly miss, to be part of... I do believe in family, love, togetherness, forgiveness-despite sometimes they are so used that became empty words- ...thank you again, your post gave me the occasion to digg again into my soul and accept it in a way..
Back to top Go down
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life EmptyFri Jun 16, 2017 6:11 am

Hihi, last post was mine....I found the (relative)sense of my life in ~I don.t need to put my sense in words~is enough to be, just to be present! This morning God is so poweful in my life: coffee has the best taste ever, the smoke of my cigarette spred so peacefull on my hair.Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spirituality in everyday life   Spirituality in everyday life Empty

Back to top Go down

Spirituality in everyday life
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANATHEMA  :: Right Stage :: Philosophy and Religion rooms-
Jump to: