ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mood thread

Go down 
+15
desstyna
Indii
bastet
Berkana
Serena
claumirela
steveharrison
Nätulcién
rec
wyldhoney
tapsi
Morgana
woolf
vision
Reyna
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Indii
Captain
Indii

Mood thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 10:04 am

havent heard of that Smile will he, sort of, pick one thing out of basket or? and yay for bd!  Mood thread - Page 4 155328147 
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 8:52 pm

Good luck with those symbolic gifts Clau!

My mood is great. It is a bright sunny day here in Wellington and I finally arrived yesterday after a very long trip. I have a meeting with my supervisor today for the oral presentation which is in no less than 2 days.

I emailed a friend yesterday and she told me that it is another friend's birthday and she took me there as a surprise. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 9:16 pm

hope you impress your professors, Mehdy!

did you have a bow on you, as a surprise?  Wink 
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 12:45 pm

hope all went well mehdy. did you enjoy coming back to windy wellington?

claudia, i have no idea about those gifts. but HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LITTLE VLAD!!! Smile

and indii: fact: i can't put one foot in front of the other anymore when they're gone. but i do enjoy it so much when they're here!
Back to top Go down
Morgana

Morgana

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 08, 2014 2:40 pm

claumirela wrote:

I am prepareing to celebrate 1 year birthday of Vlad( 8 march)! I am not sure how to make that rituel when you put a lot of symbolic things for baby to choose as representative for his  future goals in life:) Do you know about it?

i know! Smile we put: money (means rich future or good business & fortune) , book ( means inteligence and university work, science), shoot-glass ( party person Very Happy ), hmm oh and rosary ( nun, priest, missionary... ).

My Ana chose small money... coins only! lol Wink
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 6:14 pm

my muscles hurt from working in the garden. nit used to it anymore.
but god, how lovely it was. warmest 9th march ever.
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 5:08 pm

not a month has passed and forum already abandoned Mood thread - Page 4 2157100491 sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:18 pm

Abandoned by whom?
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:54 pm

come on Indii, it's great that you made the forum, and now we must see if we can keep it alive.
This evening i heard a commercial on tv and it said something like:
"you can be sure of one thing, that everything is subject to a change"

and yes, times and habits are changing, we used to send hand written and then typed letters, then start sending them by email, then use facebook and twitter and fora, and nowadays at times we are too busy to respond to a mail, too busy to go on each other facebook pages, too busy to write a post on a forum, only read and then close the page.
And i admit, sometimes i just read and then i wish i could come up with something to post, but i don't know what :-) but see ? i am trying :-)
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:47 pm

Mood thread - Page 4 2331975019 
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 11:48 pm

steveharrison wrote:
Abandoned by whom?

members
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 10:32 am

Im still here,i used to be on Anekdotens forum and near the end I was the only one ,I tried anything and everything to try and get interest in it but the band ,(I presume )just pulled it from the web site.A sad day in this household.But I do hope this site remains.
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 11:15 pm

yeah, i know that feeling. 2x anathema's forum closed. hope this 3rd one will be around for a while.
but like carla said: people's habits change. not much you can do about it.

had a couple of busy days here: first i had to be around while hedwig was cutting out willow tree a bit shorter. didn't have to do much, but he needed my advice sometimes. started knitting fingerless mittens for my granddaughter meanwhile. wanted to finish them by the time they came to diner yesterday, but messed things up, so that plan didn't work out. but she loved the one that was one already, and so did her little sis, who wanted a pair of these "thingies" too.

today we went to ikea, and spent way more time than we'd planned. partly cause we ran into my parents there (and we had coffee together of course) and partly due to a computer crash, which made it impossible to make orders, and to get your stuff from the stockroom. so we had more coffee, and a cinnamon roll, walk around some more... eventually we got our stuff though. dead tired now though.

and a bit worried as the "branch" of the tree that hedwig cut, appeared to have a soft core. and a hole in the centre. djeez, what do we have to do to make sure it won't die??? Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:37 am

Vision, I am one of those who cannot find his words to say something enough interesting Smile
Steve and Indii, if there will be at least 2 members who hold the line, I will be one of them!
Irene, sorry I don.t know much about the trees' care, I think that if you assure that it has no pests, it will find its way , my father-in-low say that trees are always in the perfect harmony with sun, ground, air and water around them(their parents) men could be friends!!
Mood: Yesterday I was for the first time in my life with Dragos( 12 years) to a homeopathist for some digestive problems .The doctor pointed me out about his tendency to philosophize. I didn't realized it this way, hehe I always said he is my soul. The treatment he prescribed looks so complex but I think we can try it also there many people who say homeopathy is placebo.
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 pm

well, loads of meds are derived from plants, so why would homeopathy be less useful? don't say they can cure everything, but i'm convinced they work in many cases.

and i don't have anything interesting to tell either. still, i keep on posting, hehe. Wink
but it'ss the little everyday things that make out most of our lives, right? and it's through these little stories we get to know each other better, right? so let them come! Wink

about the tree: i'm afraid it's some kind of mold. Sad

and enjoy your little philosopher, claudia!
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 7:20 pm

@Steve: for some years i was fan from Anekdoten, even have been few times on their forum as a guest. I bought A time of day, from within, gravity and nucleus. And from time to time i listen to A time of day in my car. First time i saw them was on the Melloboat and then in 2008 there was a gig in Uden.
In our old forum there were members who would write a review and maybe you'll like reading what i wrote then :-)

Anekdoten@de Pul Uden 8 May 2008
When going from the café to the doors to enter the venue i had to wait because people just came out, hehe, and then i saw a guy i knew, it was Dirk, and right after him Karin(antennas-to-heaven) and Maarten, two friends of her i met at Symforce
hehe, we both had not thought about meeting other soulreapers but to see each other then did let us realize that it's a small world (holland as well as 'progressive/rock scene)

It was not crowded at all, so, easy for us to stand first row
and Anekdoten took their time and started one hour later as planned, hehe, and then all of a sudden the venue was nicely crowded

They started with 'the great unknown' first song of their latest album 'A time of day' and right after that 'from within'
Anekdoten is so powerfull, Paul especially liked Peter Nordin's drumming and i told him he looked like it was sooo easy, and seeing Jan-Erik moving his body while playing his bass-guitar is real nice, i think the sound was good, and with Anekdoten it's for me the same as with Riverside, all instruments are so important and it's like i can follow all notes of every instrument
Anna-Sofi is a bit hiding behind the white mellotron and looks very cool but her part and also when she played the cello, is so important to their sound
Niklas did some amazing things on his guitar, and both he and Jan-erik were singing
To me their music has something hypnotizing, it's in the way the tune goes on and on and on, my body while moving got into a rhythm and that felt gooooood
When they started 'a sky about to rain' i had a bit a problem to get into the song, i don't know why, it was the first verse what was a bit....i don't know, maybe too long pause while singing, but then when the song continued i got into it, and i love so much the instrumental part what follows right after that song: 'every step i take' mmm, sexy tune, building tension and going to a climax

They ended with 'Ricochet, Nucleus and Gravity' all great songs again
and then we got an encore: Monolith, and then a long instrumental part, i don't know if that was a song what got into a jam session and last song was 'Karelia' great song from 'Vemod' album

So, all in all a great gig to see

Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 7:35 pm

@Bastet: glad you posted about the small things in our lives, i love reading it :-) and it's true, one gets to know each other better

John and i are still working in the house, last week i had ripped off all old carpet from the stairs and then tried to remove the all parts what were still there with a ehm, tool, hehe, don't know the words for it (plamuurmes) and then yesterday he came and really cleaned the stairs and started painting the sides, and then next week some guy will come and carpet the stairs again.
And then John started to cut the hedge, and while he was busy my neighbor and i were watching and then we decided unanimously to remove it totally, ifrst i hesitated because i was afraid that the roots would have damaged the wall too much, but fortunately the wall looks good and it's so clean now and a lot more room in the garden. I am glad.
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 8:09 pm

vision wrote:
@Steve: for some years i was fan from Anekdoten, even have been few times on their forum as a guest. I bought A time of day, from within, gravity and nucleus. And from time to time i listen to A time of day in my car. First time i saw them was on the Melloboat and then in 2008 there was a gig in Uden.
In our old forum there were members who would write a review and maybe you'll like reading what i wrote then :-)

Anekdoten@de Pul Uden 8 May 2008
When going from the café to the doors to enter the venue i had to wait because people just came out, hehe, and then i saw a guy i knew, it was Dirk, and right after him Karin(antennas-to-heaven) and Maarten, two friends of her i met at Symforce  
hehe, we both had not thought about meeting other soulreapers but to see each other then did let us realize that it's a small world (holland as well as 'progressive/rock scene)

It was not crowded at all, so, easy for us to stand first row
and Anekdoten took their time and started one hour later as planned, hehe, and then all of a sudden the venue was nicely crowded

They started with 'the great unknown' first song of their latest album 'A time of day' and right after that 'from within'
Anekdoten is so powerfull, Paul especially liked Peter Nordin's drumming and i told him he looked like it was sooo easy, and seeing Jan-Erik moving his body while playing his bass-guitar is real nice, i think the sound was good, and with Anekdoten it's for me the same as with Riverside, all instruments are so important and it's like i can follow all notes of every instrument
Anna-Sofi is a bit hiding behind the white mellotron and looks very cool but her part and also when she played the cello, is so important to their sound
Niklas did some amazing things on his guitar, and both he and Jan-erik were singing
To me their music has something hypnotizing, it's in the way the tune goes on and on and on, my body while moving got into a rhythm and that felt gooooood
When they started 'a sky about to rain' i had a bit a problem to get into the song, i don't know why, it was the first verse what was a bit....i don't know, maybe too long pause while singing, but then when the song continued i got into it, and i love so much the instrumental part what follows right after that song: 'every step i take' mmm, sexy tune, building tension and going to a climax  

They ended with 'Ricochet, Nucleus and Gravity' all great songs again
and then we got an encore: Monolith, and then a long instrumental part, i don't know if that was a song what got into a jam session and last song was 'Karelia' great song from 'Vemod' album

So, all in all a great gig to see

Excellent,Ive tried getting them to come over to the UK but no luck ,they were due to come over to London last year but peter the drummer was ill. Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 13, 2014 11:48 pm

pfff, carla! i envy you your energy! wish all these things went just a fast over here. we've becoe lazy pensioners, really!
Back to top Go down
tapsi

tapsi

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 8:01 pm

i decided to start posting my round /mandala /kaleidoscope designs on tumblr, one each day, from monday on. so i'm like uploading and scheduling stuff, it'll be on my main tumblr account, tapsiful.tumblr.com (with other stuff i reblog and post, so this one's not going to be an exclusively thematic blog)

i also realised i have over 700 of these thingies? dear god! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://tapsiful.deviantart.com
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 9:58 pm

To all of you, I hope you keep posting things to this forum. Smile I love reading your messages although I don't post things that often myself.

This week has been crazy busy at uni and I still have like dozen unfinished projects. Luckily one bigger event is next Thursday so after that it should get easier.

Yesterday I gave a lecture on real analysis since the professor was too busy to give the lecture himself. Felt kind of nervous but I think it went ok.
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 10:06 pm

@tapsi: Yay! Can't wait, I love your designs. Smile
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:45 pm

and so do iiiiii!!!

and ollie, nice to know you're here, even if it's mostly for reading. just make sure you say something every once in a while, so we still know you're here. Wink

some really smart people here. uni professors, pffwwww! makes me feel so errrr.... stupid... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:08 pm

@bastet: I work for a man who finished his dissertation when he was about 5 years younger than I am now. And I don't even know what the title of my dissertation is going to be. I feel stupid every day of the week. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 6:17 pm

right, then we have that in common Mood thread - Page 4 1290016399 Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mood thread
Page 4 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANATHEMA  :: Auditorium - about Anathema fans :: Day-to-day chat-
Jump to: