ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mood thread

Go down 
+15
desstyna
Indii
bastet
Berkana
Serena
claumirela
steveharrison
Nätulcién
rec
wyldhoney
tapsi
Morgana
woolf
vision
Reyna
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Indii
Captain
Indii

Mood thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:01 am

so, who rang them? Very Happy the twilight zone!
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro
wyldhoney

wyldhoney

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 11:13 am

It turned out they had to be nextdoor... but how did they get our information all over their file? All I can think of is that when our neighbour made the appointment they probably just penned down (or typed in) the address, and screwed up on the house number.
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Just last week I thought that I won't have to give a seminar talk in a while since basically I gave three during the last two weeks. Well, today my advisor introduced me to some people from another university and they asked me to come to give a talk in their seminar. On the one hand, it is great that they want to hear me talk about my research, but on the other hand, it will be so stressful. Razz Talking in seminars isn't really my idea of a good time.
Back to top Go down
wyldhoney

wyldhoney

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 6:50 pm

I hear it's helpful to imagine the crowd drunk.

Okay, I didn't hear that, I just made that up. But it sounds better than the naked thingy.
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:03 pm

Well, that would be something new.

It would be better than my idea (pouring Johnnie Walker into my tea mug) though.
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 7:09 pm

wyldhoney wrote:

Lol! I wish someone could have told me this as an advice during my university years, so my presentations would be less painful. hehe  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:06 pm

all the best Olli with it!  Mood thread - Page 2 2331975019 
Back to top Go down
wyldhoney

wyldhoney

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 8:38 pm

Nätulcién wrote:
wyldhoney wrote:

Lol! I wish someone could have told me this as an advice during my university years, so my presentations would be less painful. hehe  Laughing 

Oh, well... if it was at a university, it's more than likely they were drunk! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:07 pm

@Indii: hm, most of the times i am good at throwing things away, and then sometimes i feel sorry about things i got rid of. It's not that i am a big spender who buys a lot of stuff and then lose interest after a few months and want to buy new thingies, no, and i strive for sustainability and recycling of goods. So i bring goods to the second-hand shops and such but from time to time i feel the need to clean up the attic. On the other hand i do keep some thingies, presents i got from friends, cards and letters, some things the kids made in primary school, all treasures, he, this could be a new thread :-)

Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:34 pm

"the treasures in the attic". Very Happy
i'm a bit like you carla, i have such treasusres too. Smile

ollie, what kind of research is it you do?
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 8:23 am

My research is related to harmonic analysis which is a brach of theoretical mathematics. I wrote an article about some new results with my advisor and the people from the other university got interested. To be honest, I was a bit surprised since I thought no one would even see it.

I have so much to do that I don't really know where to start. So I just started drinking tea and going through new pics at Imgur...
Back to top Go down
Reyna

Reyna

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:06 pm

vision wrote:
On the other hand i do keep some thingies, presents i got from friends, cards and letters, some things the kids made in primary school, all treasures, he, this could be a new thread :-)

These things i keep too! Oh my, have tons of kids' drawingst etc in the storage Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:38 pm

olli, must all be chinese to me then. Smile but congrats on the, no doubt, great work!

mood is a bit low. lost a brother-in-law yesterday due to cancer.
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:48 pm

omg, im so sorry! Sad Sad

strong strong hug!
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 4:53 pm

thanks. Smile
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 5:07 pm

wyldhoney wrote:
Nätulcién wrote:
wyldhoney wrote:

Oh, well... if it was at a university, it's more than likely they were drunk! Very Happy

Lol! true dat! But I was very busy with having a heart attack and anxiety crisis during presentations, so I was unable to see this fact lol Razz*lesson learned*

@bastet; aww Irene! Sorry to hear :/ *hugs*  

@rec; Good luck Olli!Rock it!  Wink
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 5:13 pm

bastet wrote:
are you a "keeper", like me?

I'm deffo a keeper  Embarassed I 'love' keeping memories and I have some stuff I 'll never be able to throw away, and mum thinks, when i am old i will have a house full of thrash hahaha! Okay, I might be a little bit attached to my staff, I even give names to my things hehe... *mental alert*  Razz  Mood thread - Page 2 1584187713
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 9:20 pm

I am sorry Irene, hugs
Back to top Go down
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 11:57 am

Sorry to hear that Irene. Mood is good, I just got back from an intense tennis match. I one the first set, but the other guy played really well in the second one. I couldn't believe I was losing the second set. Luckily I got back in the 3rd set and beat him 6-0.
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 2:17 pm

@bastet: I'm so sorry to hear that Irene. Sad How are you feeling now?

@woolf: Congrats!
Back to top Go down
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 4:15 pm

Thanks Ollie, there is a one day tournament on Friday and I need to be well prepared for it. This match was a good buildup for it.
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:26 pm

go mehdy!

thanks peeps. i'm fine. though it's always in my mind.
hedwig is one of 11 children. + 11 hb's/wives = 22. 4 people are gone now, 4 left alone. it will go on, until it's our turn, who knows when.

but life goes on...
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 8:25 pm

when its time, its time. it would be okayish if there were no suffering

strong hug Irene!
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 7:54 am

Life goes on but it still makes one so sad at times. At least for me it takes a long time to learn to cope with loss. Hopefully there won't be any bad news for a while although they are a natural part of life.

It looks like early spring outside but I know it's still February. I must not get my hopes up yet since last year it snowed still in April. Razz

@woolf: How long have you played tennis? What kind of a tournament will it be on Friday?
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:32 pm

would be more than okayish if no one had to suffer. all part of life, but still..

about spring: exactly what we were saying to each other yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mood thread
Page 2 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANATHEMA  :: Auditorium - about Anathema fans :: Day-to-day chat-
Jump to: