ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mood thread

Go down 
+15
desstyna
Indii
bastet
Berkana
Serena
claumirela
steveharrison
Nätulcién
rec
wyldhoney
tapsi
Morgana
woolf
vision
Reyna
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
rec

Mood thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 9:42 am

@woof: Congrats! That sounds fantastic. Smile

@steve: Keep us informed about your situation, I really really do hope that things get better very soon.

This week was exhausting, I'm glad that I don't have to work for two days. On Thursday I left uni at quarter past nine, went home, slept for nine hours and went back to uni. I have had to plan and put together several different events during the last weeks and luckily, now I can just concentrate on research and teaching for at least a month or so.

Today I will go celebrate a distant friend's birthday. I don't really feel like going since I haven't seen her for maybe three years, but at least it gives me an excuse to see some of my other friends I haven't seen for some time.
Back to top Go down
wyldhoney

wyldhoney

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 8:10 pm

Man, this month has been busy...

Top of the cake was last monday, when I had to go to the department of "Go Back To Work ASAP" to have an interview, as I applied to go to nursing school. If they support me they'll fund the course (it's three years) and don't lower my income over time; but for that I had to win them over, which didn't go as well as I hoped. Their major stumbling blocks were my far less-than-stellar educational history of quitting courses (though that was all in a previous century) and my "type" - the guy who said that didn't specify what type I was exactly, and I didn't wanna ask. I mean, I didn't even know there actually was a type like me! Wink

Basically, he didn't trust my motivation and seemed to think I was only doing it cause I'm a complete slacker who thought this would be a fine way of not having to go to work for a few years (because it's plain obvious nurses have it easy). When I mentioned I already had some schoolbooks and had a look in them they didn't even try and test me on it (here was me learning what a sodium-potassium pump is/does for nothing - I can even explain it bilingual now). study 

In the past, this would've been enough for me to say "feck it, I'll find something else to do with me life!" but now, I'm only more determined to prove them wrong. They have me scheduled for half a day of psychologic screening tests on the 31th; I tried some of them online and I'm gonna call one of my best friends who's a psychologist to see if she has any pointers for me, cause those personality tests are pretty much based on questions like:
which of these statements applies to you the most:
A) Not feeling like paying in the store, you kill the clerk, take everything you can carry and blame it on the first foreigner you see.

B) At the zoo, you become sexually aroused by an otter, steal some tropical fish from the aquarium to win her over and then set fire to the coyote cages.

I did very well on all the IQ tests I tried, but yeah, since it's my personality they think they have issues with, things could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 23, 2014 9:30 pm

aw, Alf, i really like your style, love reading it
but i can feel the frustration.
Sounds like you are not 'plain ordinary' and if you get the wrong person, and most of those wrong persons work at such departments, then it is quite difficult that they will do their best to help you.
Imagine, a lot of them are afraid to lose their jobs themselves and too often there is no motivation to really help a person. And as soon as they think that your attitude is not good, they act like: 'for you there are many more other persons who fit in the setting"
And in your case your intelligence and underlaying humor can work against you, it's hard to deal with the path you have to walk in order to find a job. Wishing you a lot of succes and keep a good mood and patience, because you'll need it.
Back to top Go down
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Wyldhoney, I am a psychologyst and I don t like to work with personality tests, sometimes I think they are used "abusive", they cut and reduce human to some very little and nonsignifiant words and concepts. Of course I use them more as a pretext to talk with people about them, life and problems. But I never take decisions about their results. I better build a tale, a picture, listen people favourite music to know them. But this organizational psychology tests put human personality in boxes, cages and typologies and try to predict behaviours. They are like " future is set"... There are people who asked me in wich way they shoul compleete personality tests to get for a job or school. I think they would be compleeted in the way they truly are and feel , why they should pretend to be in the way the other wants to be or a job requests.

I hope you.ll find soon the job you wish!!

Yesterday was so good to celebrate grandma 85 years old!! I love her so much, she is tottaly "in love " with Vlad and she is so sweet how she is planning to live to see him: first -smileing, then walking on his feet, then -his 1 year party, now she wants to see him talking. I admire how these little things give so much power.
Back to top Go down
wyldhoney

wyldhoney

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:08 pm

vision wrote:

Sounds like you are not 'plain ordinary' (...) And in your case your intelligence and underlaying humor can work against you.

I guessed. I made a special effort not to be a smartass, and "fortunately" my IQ drops by 60 whenever I have to deal with official matters.  Wink Problem was I knew exactly what I should've said when I had left the building and crossed the street.  Mood thread - Page 6 1584187713 

claumirela wrote:
But this organizational psychology tests put human personality in boxes, cages and typologies and try to predict behaviours. They are like " future is set"... There are people who asked me in wich way they shoul compleete personality tests to get for a job or school.  I think they would be compleeted in the way they truly are and feel , why they should pretend to be in the way the other wants to be or a job requests.

I guessed so, too. Smile I know they put in "control questions" to see wether or not you're lying to make you look better, but I am somewhat of a contradictory person. Like, I'm very chaotic at home, but at work I tend to keep my stuff tidy and neatly organized...

Thanks for your support, both! Smile
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 8:32 pm

wyldhoney wrote:

I guessed. I made a special effort not to be a smartass, and "fortunately" my IQ drops by 60 whenever I have to deal with official matters.  Wink Problem was I knew exactly what I should've said when I had left the building and crossed the street.  Mood thread - Page 6 1584187713 

Hehe, I can relate to that, sounds like me. I am very bad when it comes to official matters too. I rather become aggressive/offensive according to person's behaviour to me and attack them or I become panicked that my IQ drops down as well so I fail at saying things I plan to say, because here things are pretty messy, they put so much pressure on you mentally so they want you to fuck things up for yourself - and I usually do.   Mood thread - Page 6 1584187713 

Good luck with this wyldhoney! What Clau says sums how i feel and think about these pretty much. I hope it goes well for you.
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 24, 2014 9:19 pm

go alf!!!i'm sure you can do it! prove them wrong, those prejudiced a...... !

and yeah, i can relate to that too, except, i have it with all people, not only officials. always knowing what i should have said... afterwards.

and like carla said, there are so many candidates these days, that they like to play it safe. well, what they consider to be safe. if you are not what they call "normal", if there's the smallest thing about you that they think is strange, if you're different in the slightest way, you often lose all credit.

like my daughter who's been applying for several jobs lately. she has a degree in art history, but she doesn't want a job in that area. she just wants some 9 to 5 job, without a lot of stress. but every time she gets an interview (after test that she did really well), they ask why, and find it strange. and she doesn't stand a chance anymore. it has totally demotivated her.

anyways: best of luck, alf!!!
Back to top Go down
wyldhoney

wyldhoney

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 10:36 am

bastet wrote:
if you are not what they call "normal", if there's the smallest thing about you that they think is strange, if you're different in the slightest way, you often lose all credit.

like my daughter who's been applying for several jobs lately. she has a degree in art history, but she doesn't want a job in that area. she just wants some 9 to 5 job, without a lot of stress. but every time she gets an interview (after test that she did really well), they ask why, and find it strange. and she doesn't stand a chance anymore. it has totally demotivated her.

Same with me, they wanted to hear my motivation for going to nursing school, so I said (because I knew "to help people" is considered not much of a motivation) that I liked to do something significant with my life, that helping others gave me purpose, and that I was aware this may not be the noblest of reasons but it provided me with a good drive.
They didn't like it.  Mood thread - Page 6 3120516368 

Nätulcién wrote:
they put so much pressure on you mentally so they want you to fuck things up for yourself

Every. Single. Time.

Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Pi**ed off that the doctors have just increased my morphine tablet dosage ,spend too much time zonked out as it is worried 
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 3:25 pm

Have you ever tried listening to quality music when your heads on anther planet (And not by choice Smile ).Universal does sound good whilst im in this state though LOL.
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 10:34 pm

Sorry to hear Steve, but what do you think yourself? Are you suffering from so much pain that it really is needed to increase the dosage? My sister and bro have different problems with their health than you have but they also needed to take morphine tablets. Both had problems with it, because they could not react sharp to live anymore.
My bro is working out to maintain his fitness and use medicinal marijuana and i must say, it's like i have my bro back again, he is much more present and we can have a conversation again.
Maybe this could be an option for you?
Back to top Go down
woolf

woolf

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 8:06 am

Steve: Sorry to hear about your increase dosage. I hope you don't find it hard to cope with.

I came back to Iran after around 20 hours of flight, and had to take a bus back home which took me 6 hours. I slept most of the day yesterday. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 12:00 pm

vision wrote:
Sorry to hear Steve, but what do you think yourself? Are you suffering from so much pain that it really is needed to increase the dosage?
Today actually is the first day in months that i havent been in to much pain,which surprised me so it must work ,the only thing is my body gets used to the doses after a while, so no doubt they will bump it up again later at some stage.Just something i have to get used to.
Back to top Go down
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Big hug Steve, good to find you feel better today! A good friend of mine use to say: An active mind and an amused/joking mind can bring the mirracle. I think music is part of this!

Woolf: 20 hours of flight?? I never was by plane but I think I would go to the pilot and scream: "faster man, can I help by moviing on?"

Mood: yesterday evening we go out again for an acoustic band who played in a little club. It was nice but not the one which I would go again, The hero of the night was Dragos who could get Vald back to sleep by singing and dancing ( Andrada couldn.t) When I asked him how did he succed it? He said :I think I am the only one who have the same smell/flavour as you!!
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:52 pm

Distant satellites announced, made my day no end,must try and be around for that one  Mood thread - Page 6 102005845 Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Morgana

Morgana

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 11:05 pm

Haven't been here for about 2 weeks (?) and now i have another 5 more pages to read!

Steve: i wish you so much energy! You know, never give up there! Believe me i know exactly how you feel and how does it look like with all the hard painkillers. Shit.

Antimatter and Leafblade will play in Gdynia soon, so i hope to have time that evening Wink
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 31, 2014 10:55 pm

all the best, steve. hope things will work out for the best.
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Hello
My mood today is rather good mainly because I got Gazpachos .Demon.and its quite nice too.Spooky.
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 7:54 pm

And getting excited for june 9th ( Week after my 53 rd birthday so a late pressie to mysef).
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Alf, how did it go on the 31st of april, right?

about motivation, cant you say, Look I have three kids, who are really growing up strong. i wanna work for them, They are my main motivation in life. to give the best of me to them. i want to study and do this job. because i can. and fuck you all. i rule and you suck.

Laughing 

Clau, happy happy birthday to your granny! that generation is super awesome Smile
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:53 pm

Steve, whatever it takes, just as long as pain isnt something you have to get use to. yeah?
hope it doesnt distract you, that new doze of medicine, from everyday responsibilities. like your job and stuff.
Back to top Go down
wyldhoney

wyldhoney

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 8:21 pm

Indii wrote:
Alf, how did it go on the 31st of april, right?

about motivation, cant you say, Look I have three kids, who are really growing up strong. i wanna work for them, They are my main motivation in life. to give the best of me to them. i want to study and do this job. because i can. and fuck you all. i rule and you suck.

But thy wanna know my motivation for nursing school specifically, like they're always "why nurse? why not caretaker? or educator? or firemarshall?" And all I got is "because I don't want that, I want to be a nurse because caretakers are not taken seriously when they spot a condition. And I rule and you suck. "

I didn't get the results yet, but the lady who took the interview was nice. I don't think they're gonna let me pass, though, since "it is expected of A1 nurses that they assume a position of leadership and I don't show much leader qualities". But I want to be an A1 level nurse because they learn more about symptoms and why certain procedures and methods are used, not because I want to play boss.
Back to top Go down
steveharrison

steveharrison

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Fantastic mood today,its our wedding anniversary next week (15 yrs) and shes only gone and ordered me quite a few items from the Distant Satellite releases ,cd/dvd box ,media edition ,t-shirts etc only problem gotta wait until June  Sad cheers 
Back to top Go down
rec

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 11:57 am

@steve: That sounds great! Smile And it's already less than 2 months until we can all litsten to the new album.

Yesterday I went to watch The Room with two friends in a small film theater and it was hilarious. Most of the watchers had definitely seen the film at least once before since people were shouting lines from the film and throwing plastic spoons around. Someone had even brought a football (the American kind) with him and started tossing it around. It was great.

Just two more work weeks and then I can start my holiday and go travelling. Feeling really excited about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 4:25 pm

where are you travelling?  Laughing 

Steve, your wife couldnt have picked a better present, i believe! like, seriously  Mood thread - Page 6 83880723 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mood thread   Mood thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mood thread
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ANATHEMA  :: Auditorium - about Anathema fans :: Day-to-day chat-
Jump to: