Vision's wedding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Indii
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:53 pm

its not easy, wow.

in the end, you guys have to stick with your budget. so he will have to cut the list. but i understand it must be difficult for him.
you are direct Smile thats cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://anathema.superforum.pro
tapsi

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:36 pm

oooh, family Very Happy i remember when my sister got married there was such an uproar, because all our cousins who married before her had this HUGE wedding with 300+ guests and all the stress and of course invited everyone in the family

my sister on the other hand had a very small wedding, with only parents+siblings invited (so there were 9 of us at the wedding party, including the newlyweds) (plus the family dog, of course, who complemented my sister's white wedding gown perfectly Very Happy the perks of owning a pure white dog) and all my uncles were just soooo upset
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://tapsiful.deviantart.com
rec

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:19 pm

It's great that you are direct and want it to be a memorable and lovely day for you two instead of making it into a sort of exhibition of your happiness and success. I hate it when people stress so much about what everyone will think and talk about later although I do do that way too often myself. Razz

For example, my grandma is fairly hopeless when it comes to things like these. When she or someone she knows does anything interesting, everyone must know about it. Once I went travelling and didn't send her a card and that made her unhappy so the next time I made sure to send her a card. The problem was that I adressed it to "grandma and grandpa" so people who saw it didn't know it was for _her_. Razz I just rolled my eyes and nowadays I remember to send the cards with the right details.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vision

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:44 pm

@rec: normally John also is very direct, he acts a bit like a tough guy, well, in words, to me, brainstorming and venting and such, but not always in acting, like now
i had not expected that it would become such issue and it's interesting to see how he deals with it

and your story made me smile  Smile 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bastet

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:17 pm

oh carla! these must be such stressful times! all these things you both have to deal with, all the details that have to be settled...

wish john luck with his decision. i admire the fact you're so direct. probably because i'm totally not like that. in a way i think it must be easier. but i don't have the guts. so here it would be: all cousins, all uncles and aunts, all...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vision

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:09 pm

John decided to invite his cousins after he met them 2 times in a week, first at the funeral of a cousin, and when he came home later that evening, his bro phoned that he was in the hospital, he had a heart-attack while driving to the hospital and had a surgery, and then one week later his uncle passed away. So the family said they hoped to meet next time in better times and not with another funeral again and then he invited them all. He is happy with his decision and all stress is gone now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bastet

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:20 pm

gooood! and now make all the arrangements in a relaxed mood! Very Happy

i was thinking: maybe we could all help you with your bridal dress. gonna have a look on the net if i can find something awesome for you! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:42 am

yes Carla, did you think about the flowers, music, meal? if I can help in a way-dont hesitate!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bastet

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 am

meh, was looking for nice dresses yesterday evening, but màààn, manymany ugly ones, not even 1 pretty one so far... Sad

Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vision

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:01 pm

nice idea, thank you all  Very Happy i am still not in the mood yet to go shopping, but i am busy searching on the net to get an idea, and i am asking for addresses
because online is nice to see dresses but i want to feel it, try it on, see myself in the mirror wearing the dress, and shoes of course :-P
and i also want to get rid of a few kilos before i;ll go shopping

this week we are expecting a phonecall from John's friend who helped us with a design for the wedding cards. We are happy with the result: it's simple, a picture (not even a new one, but we both like it) and text   
I am ready collecting all addresses from family and friends, so i can start writing immediately, John...haha, he's acting like it only takes a moment to collect all addresses but i know for sure that he doesn't know the exact addresses from a lot of his friends (and family), it;s more that he knows where they live and he goes and visits them, but the number and postcode of the house ...
He is going to look after the rings and the flowers, it will be a surprise. But he hopefully remembers that i am not that interested in walking with flowers all the time, pfff, i guess after the offical part is done, i'll leave the flowers in a vase and forget about them aiai
and the ring...i still feel very very VERY guilty about losing my engagement ring and now i hope he'll look for simple cheap rings, also because he is not going to wear his ring. He is gardener and it's not a good idea to work while wearing a ring. Besides that he has broken several fingers on both hands, a scar on one ringfinger and he can't bear wearing a ring on that finger anymore.
Talking about rings, i paid more attention to people's hands to see if they wear a ring, and to my surprise i noticed that a lot of (older) couples don't wear their ring anymore.
Dear girls, i hope i don't disappoint you with my maybe down-to-earth behavior, i guess when you get married for a second time and also when you are older you don't behave over-excited anymore about every detail

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bastet

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:39 pm

love your down to earth view, carla! Smile when you get older you care more about all these little practical things i suppose. i know i would too.
and yeah, i don't wear my ring either. hedwig does, but mine's gone to tight, and to be honest i cna't stand the feeling of jewelry on my hands or arms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vision

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:47 pm

same here, i loved wearing rings but i stopped wearing them as my hands hurted too often, since John bought me that engagement ring i loved wearing it. But it was too big and slipped easily of my fingers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vision

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:04 pm

Our wedding invitation cards are so nice, Johns friend surprised us with some small details and also with the backside of the card. And today i delivered some cards at the postoffice and the rest i delivered at the homes of friends and family, so nice to do.
And John, busy writing he started wondering: 'how come there's so little cards?'
I think he miscounted all family he decided to invite and now we had to order some extra cards hehe
oh my, this wedding is getting bigger and bigger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bastet

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:24 pm

you sure the place you decided on will be big enough??? Very Happy

*curious* (about the card)

and such a pity you lost the ring.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
vision

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:18 pm

check your mailbox :-P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bastet

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:41 pm

oops!!!

yes, carla, it was there! thank you so much! it's really great, great pictures and all! even on the envelope that cheerful smile of yours. love it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vision

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:05 pm

thank you, that was a surprise of Doortje, the graphic designer, the picture on the envelope and the back side of the card. We only put some pictures on a memory stick and gave it to her "maybe you can use some of them"  and we told about that we had met at Bospop, our engagement picture in Turkey etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indii
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:18 pm

that backside gives essence of how you guys are   
Back to top Go down
bastet

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:06 pm

the little boy and tiny girl are best! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:28 am

cool Carla, despite the black-white style you look so colored together!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vision

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:18 pm

thank you, dears :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vision

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Mon May 05, 2014 11:23 pm

wedding rings: bought :-)
at a nice Turkish jewelry in Maastricht :-P
it was the first shop we entered and i saw two nice rings, but we wanted to look around some more, or maybe i should say i wanted to look for the more cheaper options, but John was like, we've seen rings we like why look for more and then hesitate about it?'
when we returned the guy who had helped us said: 'i had some doubts if you would return but my boss said 'they;ll come back' :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Indii
Captain

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Mon May 05, 2014 11:29 pm

so, no cheep wedding rings then? Very Happy Razz

congrats. what about the dress? (im sure all of us girls want to know)
Back to top Go down
bastet

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue May 06, 2014 9:13 am

true!!! but we'll just have to wait for that. Very Happy

and the rings are perhaps even more important than the dress, no? i mean, you'll wear it every day.
john was right of course, but i'd want to look around too, just in case...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    Tue May 06, 2014 2:23 pm

Turkish Jewellery!sounds nice, is it something with traditional patterns of turkish culture, or more plain and smart one?

Glad you've found something you like, preparations must be tiring. Big hugs Carlita! x

..................................................................................................................................................
`cause music is bigger than words and wider than pictures...' Mogwai

" Here hare, here! "
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vision's wedding    

Back to top Go down

Vision's wedding
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next