ANATHEMA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour

Go down 
+6
wyldhoney
Reyna
vision
Nätulcién
bastet
Indii
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Indii
Captain
Indii

Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   Empty
PostSubject: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyTue Feb 11, 2014 11:44 am

Write about your favorite moments with a band Smile
Back to top Go down
http://anathema.superforum.pro
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:16 pm

too many to mention actually. but the "freshest" great memory would be paradiso-amsterdam -when was it again?- great venue, great gig, great city, and all those great soulreaper people that came from so many countries. it was magical.
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyWed Feb 12, 2014 11:32 pm

Oh yes, April 2012 Amsterdam! I can imagine Irene, a happy merry gathering, new album, joyous people, for sure it was a blast.

And apparently 2012 was a good year for us, cause I can add to this other gatherings and gigs from October 2012 in Vienna and Budapest, great gigs with super setlists and the night that we celebrated Lee's birthday all together in Budapest at A38's backstage , partying whole night, was remarkable!
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 11:23 am

yes, both gigs were highlights. Paradiso was great, Danny putting us all on the guestlist, and we were if i remember well, like 21 soulreapers from 12 or 13 different countries. The Irish Pub ahah and of course it was so special because we all or most of us stayed over in hotels, on a boat etc. so we had spend more time than only the gig together. We met with some on the Dam and then had a nice sightseeing of the city, more or less because we were busy chatting and David and I didn't look at where we were going hehe, and then the gathering in the Irish Pub and then the gig. More Soulreapers and friends joining, it was supergreat. Same like in Budapest. Spending a lovely time with Tapsi, Phil and Heidi wandering throughthe city, and meeting the others at the Hajó, embarrassing interview with Jamie, great gig and afterparty celebrating Lee's birthday wow
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 2:00 pm

vision wrote:
embarrassing interview with Jamie

Oh no! I remembered the interview now, I was almost having a heart attack when he mocked us that he might put this to DVD lol , this still gives me suicidal tendencies hahaha!  :P
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 3:30 pm

and i'm still waiting for the dvd. Wink
Back to top Go down
Reyna

Reyna

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:20 pm

the one where there was first 3 leafblade and antimatter gigs around belgium and holland and last one was anathema in holland..?? from where we also have bigbig group photo, what year was that? 2007? i met dries, antoine, rano, alf, irene, maren, andrew, carla and sosososo many for the first time! that was special for me.

and then of course amsterdam spring as mentioned.
also met many many more that day.

budapest also *love*

Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 7:45 pm

true, these were great days to remember. a house full of people, some stinky cheese in the fridge, and all the wonderful gigs.

i'm still sorry i missed the budapest one.
Back to top Go down
wyldhoney

wyldhoney

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Reyna wrote:
the one where there was first 3 leafblade and antimatter gigs around belgium and holland and last one was anathema in holland..?? from where we also have bigbig group photo, what year was that? 2007? i met dries, antoine, rano, alf, irene, maren, andrew, carla and sosososo many for the first time! that was special for me.

Great days! Met so many of you for the first time there too!
Back to top Go down
neuronix

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 10:52 am

Way way way too many :p As Andra/Cansu once said, I could write a (small) book. But a lot of it is also about conversations and "what happens on tour stays on tour" type things Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 11:34 am

Hehe! Yes Marcel "what happens on tour stays on tour" ...

BUT I still insist on this, you should write a book Razz  Wink 

@bastet; I think DVD thing was about Universal, back then they were about to release a live dvd, so he kinda mocked us... ofcourse it'd not happen (i hope) Razz
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyFri Feb 14, 2014 8:26 pm

i remember something about partying and dancing too. Wink

haha, nevermind, i'm only joking.
Back to top Go down
Nätulcién

Nätulcién

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 12:42 am

Hahaha yes dancing and all... lol
Back to top Go down
neuronix

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 9:34 pm

OK, feel like writing up one of my many memories.

Osnabruck, 12 October 2010, Lagerhalle

In attendence according to my records were Alma, Franzi, Thorsten, Solvey, Solvey's friend Malte and a friend of Franzi who's name escaped me.

Jamie was doing the pre-show audio and when asked what was playing answered Mogwai, something from the Mr.Beast album. Can't remember exactly which track.

This was the tour with Petter and Anneke and as such good fun from start to finish. However, Anathema's gig turned south when a smoking drunk got on everyone's nerves. After repeatedly being asked in general not to smoke by first Vinny and than Dan, the guy kept defying the pleas. It turned Vinny mad as hell as he confronted the guy and told him he'd be at the merch after the show if he was up for a fight. It made an up to that point routine/mediocre performance into something super intense.

When we walked out after the gig Vin was indeed at the merch, with his back towards us. I walked over, tapped him on the shoulder and said "wanna fight?". He spun around as fast as a cartoon character, saw me and with a big smile said "not with you, mate". Priceless!

As everyone started leaving, I decided to hang out with Solvey and Malte who needed to wait for their 4:30 or so train back north. We did stay at the venue until everyone left, including the artists who we waved goodbye. Had a very nice chat with Dan after the show as well about the music and the lyrics. "Yeah yeah, I know you think the lyrics are crap", Dan said, "and John actually agrees with you. He calls it 'self-help bollocks'" Very Happy Appreciated John even more after that Wink

After the venue closed we moved to some very strange small pub with high tables for a while. I think I got home around 4:15 in the morning before heading to Zoetermeer for the next gig that evening!
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyMon Feb 17, 2014 11:34 pm

great story!  Very Happy Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
pagan

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptySat May 24, 2014 10:46 pm

it is nice to think when were all older that these times will have been meaningful
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptySun May 25, 2014 9:35 pm

I got no stories to tell  Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   3320424304 

yet  Very Happy

Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:22 pm

any belgrade dates in the upcoming tour yet? *dannypleaseplease!* Wink

can't really decide on a tour, cause every tour i saw one or 2 concerts only. maybe you are the one to tell us about your favourite tour, danny. Smile

i can mention so many concerts who have been awesome, i wouldn't know where to start.
anathema have coloured my life for over 15 years. the music, the band, the friends i met through it... i'll never forget it.

maybe just one: wageningen, may 2005 (i think), if not for the show, then certainly for the nightly aftershow singalong. untill the neighbours started complaining... Smile 
Back to top Go down
pagan

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptySun May 25, 2014 10:54 pm

april 2012 weather systems tour was my favourite ever tour for the audience, for the meeting in amsterdam and many other reasons, including the professional road crew and venues we played in. also the first overseas tour in 1993 which was a few dates with fear factory in holland and belgium sticks in the mind, also CoF 1994 and trouble 1996.

i like knowing you all (yes even you marcel were good my man.. hehe.. soulreapers <3 )
Back to top Go down
bastet

bastet

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptySun May 25, 2014 11:10 pm

Very Happy

yep, amsterdam 2012 was one of my favourites too.

1993 is a bit early for me. 1997 was my first one.
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyMon May 26, 2014 10:08 pm

Hey Marcel, nice story, and damn you, i miss your stories
Back to top Go down
vision

vision

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 5:44 pm

hey Indii, you have a story to tell now that you have seen Anathema and met a lot of us :-)
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 3:26 pm

yes, I should write something here Embarassed
Back to top Go down
claumirela

claumirela

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptySat Jun 24, 2017 12:15 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnahN8Zejc8

and Vio- my husband- is the man who scream in the beggining ”It is a nice storm”
Back to top Go down
Indii
Captain
Indii

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   EmptySat Jul 08, 2017 1:12 pm

Very Happy and then when the lightning hit? how was that?
btw, did you guys had to climb the mountain, or there were transportations?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour    Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour   Empty

Back to top Go down

Reminiscing favorite Anathema tour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next